Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Wow, 2008 FLEW by. A year ago today, Nick & I were waking up at the Busalacchi's, still in our 80's clothes, cleaning up bagna calda (which is delicious while eating but disgusting the next day) and anxiously waiting for Marc to make Gin Fizzes to help stop the ringing in our heads. This morning, I woke up at 4:30am to feed my baby then went back to sleep until 7:45am to feed him again and watch the Rose Parade. Life has changed :)

This was the first New Year's Eve Nick and I have ever spent together at home. We had the Towne's over to celebrate 2009 and Jamie's 27th birthday. Mason, the Towne's baby, was born on December 5th. The boys were great and we all had a wonderful time. I can't believe I made it until midnight! I even surpassed my own expectations and stayed up until 1:30am. What a party animal!

Happy Birthday Jamie!
The boy's first sleep over! They were out around 10:30pm.
Nick's family left today. Well, Marisa left on Monday but the rest of the family left today. We've had house guests for the last 2 weeks and it has been so much fun. I guess this is a signal that the holiday's are really over and it's time to get back to the real world. I go back to work on Jan 16th and am not looking forward to it. :(
Fun times with Poppa & Dad

Our empty living room. It has been filled with loved ones for the past 2 weeks.

2 comments:

Bordessa Family said...

love the new couch and is that chair new too? Looks great! but so sad that its empty! :( I am so glad you had a good new year! We stayed home too!! Took care of a sick baby, she is getting better now! :)

Unknown said...

LOVE the "bunkbeds"...that is the cutest picture of the sleeping babies!!